Valentines day is near!
On the Prairies nothing has changed. Snow still blankets the landscape, cars struggle to start in the morning, and it takes every ounce of energy to climb out of bed and prepare to leave your cozy home.
Still it reminds us spring should be here by now, Easter candy is out on the shelves, and hints of spring are popping up in the rest of the world, just not here. Why should we get excited? Restaurants have romantic specials, radio ads tell you not to miss the Valentines sales and you wonder if it will be worth the effort to shovel your way to your frozen car. Well, at Tonic we have been staring out of the window for months while you hibernate, slowly unpacking boxes of pastel delights, delicate lace tops, and sheer kimono’s.
We turn up the heat, crank up the music and try on these amazing new trends, sometimes we even snap a picture or two for your instagram feed. Then we slip back into our favourite Farminista fleece leggings and layers of sweaters before we go out into the blizzard for that much needed boost of energy, the espresso, luckily for us there are so many great bakery’s and coffee shops near both Tonic locations.
Days turn into weeks and then months and we miss our shopaholics. We enjoy packing up your orders from Farminista and running across the street to mail them, at least you are warm at home while you shop. But we miss the energy of the crowded changeroom full of girls giving free styling tips and fighting over the last size of the perfect little black dress! This is when we start to brainstorm, what would the perfect party include? These are a few things we feel are important to get the girls to leave the comfort of home and online luxury shopping and drive to Tonic.
Valentines Shopaholic Party Wishlist:
- Presents? Yes- free underwear of your choice with any purchase of $100 or more
- Food-Yes-free treats from Little Bird Patisserie and lots of chocolate and always cupcakes.
- Drinks-Yes-sparkling drinks, either water or champagne.
- New Trends-Yes-Both locations are bursting with the latest cuts and colours from our favourite designers! For a more detailed look at spring trends check out The Rooster Blog. One of our favourite bloggers Maygen Kardash show her favourite spring trends, like this-
- These lace pastels are from the Burberry Prorsum Spring collection. Maygen loves our favourite maxi dress on Farminista–
- Deals-Yes-discounts on everything, including our old school “fill a bag” sale.
- Music? Yes! We still have to fight it out, hire a D.J. vs. A Local Diva.
- Boyfriend friendly? Yes, our neighbour Banjo has loads of new stuff for your guy, so he can shop while you do, and we have lots of cozy seats so he can comfortably wait for you to choose your favourite items for him to purchase 😉